Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Craigslist and Ebay June/july 2011

I hardly ever post, so joining into this linky party, http://mydeartrash.blogspot.com/ , is inspiring me to blog more regularly...Thanks Kelly and Laura! I had another good week.

I ended up selling my 2nd Ethan Allen recliner...I bought the pair at a garage sale for $25...for both!!!! I sold one last week for $120, and I sold the leather one this week for $100.
I also sold a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that we bought about 5 years ago. The box has never been opened, and it's been sitting in our garage. So I listed it for $85, and sold it for $75.
The Michael Kors watch I had mentioned last week ended up selling for $83.99.
Last Thursday I hit the Goodwill for $1 day. Everything with a yellow tag, the color changes weekly, was $1. I spent $20, and came home with some great stuff. The Friday prior, I hit the jackpot at a garage sale buying about 20 tshirts, lots of Hollister, and probably 8 Chico's and J.Jill pieces. I spent $44 at that garage sale and had to make 2 trips to load all the clothes in my car!

My top sellers this week have been:

 This Talbot's women's blazer sold for $14.99, I paid $3.

 These Stein Mart espadrilles were new when I bought them at Goodwill for $4, they sold for $11.50

This Chico's skirt sold for $10, I paid $2.

Here a few things I learned this week: 
-when shopping on GW dollar days, you must not go hungry or grumpy or short on time...be prepared to work.
-3 of the 20 items I bought needed to be fixed/mended. it's hard to inspect every square inch of a garment when in the aisle with 5 other people looking for yellow tags. I have a sewing machine, so I managed to repair 2 of the 3. When I listed the 3rd item, I just took pics of the flaws, and edited them at picnik.com, and added arrows to point out the flaws. Therefore the buyer will know what they are getting.
-when I start the packing process, I took out all of the sold items, and sprayed them lightly with Febreze. It just made me feel better. :)

Thanks again girls for inspiring me to make extra money for my family. I have already earned just enough to pay for one of my daughter's summer school classes....almost. The fees are just under $2000, and with the money I've earned selling in the past 2 weeks, and the OT I worked last weekend, I'm short a few $100. What an accomplishment!!! My twins are turning 21 in December, and my next goal is to earn and pay for our trip to Vegas. Now I'm not stressed or worried about how we are going to pay for the trip. Now have a plan.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has sold this week!!!
~natalie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Aren't Dollar Days and Garage Sales wonderful! Reading your success gets me really motivated and excited. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up. I love that you mentioned "be prepared to work" when shopping dollar day- not everyone realizes this is a REAL job. It's so great to hear of your success. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete