Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Craigslist & Ebay June 2011

I've been inspired by the girls over at My Dear Trash , thanks girls!!! I have sold on ebay in the past. But I've never done it with a goal in mind. Kelly at My Dear Trash, has inspired me to set a goal, and then work towards it. I have twin daughters that are going to be seniors at the University of AZ. They are both taking 2 summer school classes starting in July. That means that we have to come up with an extra $4000! So with only 3-4 weeks to earn this money, I started looking around my house to see what I could list. I realize that I will not be able to come up with the entire amount, but anything is better than nothing!

So here is what I've sold so far:
 I bought these chairs on CL for $20 for all 4. I painted and covered the seats, and sold them for $100! My first Craigslist sale!!! I received an email regarding the chairs within a few hours of posting them!

I had this Sundance ring just sitting in my jewelry box. I bought it about 3 years ago while in Chicago. I NEVER wore it, so I decided to put it on ebay. I paid about $249. It is still in the Sundance catalog for $299. I sold it for $199!

This is an Ethan Allen recliner that I bought at a garage sale for $12.50. I sold it yesterday for $120!!!

These sneakers have been in my closet for years. I only wore them a few times. I think I paid around $65 on ebay for them. They are currently listed, and have 13 bids, and are currently at $51! *update! these ended up selling for $92.01!!!!WOW!!!!*


This Michael Kors watch is currently listed on ebay, and is at $80.99. I've had it for a few years, and I just never wear it!

I also went garage-saling last Friday, and I spent $54 on about 20 t-shirts at $1 each. Many were Hollister. I also picked up some Chico's, J. Jill and Talbots clothes. We'll see how it all goes!!!

So far I have approximately $420 in my summer school fund. I opened a new checking account at a local bank that offered $125 to open the account. So really I have $545.

Thanks Kelly and Laura for inspiring me to do this!! I think my daughters at the UofA are also thinking about selling trash!

Hope this inspires you to recycle your things and clean out your closets!!!

~natalie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed. Thanks for the shout out- It's readers like you that keep us going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. Now who's inspiring who! I know you can reach your goal. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete